Download Sheet Music for Brass in PDF Format
Welcome to Music for Brass.com, the home of Lassus Publications. We provide arrangements and compositions for brass instruments, from unaccompanied solos to large ensembles. Our sheet music is available for immediate download after placing a secure order on our website.
- Fanfare on The Strife Is O’er for Brass Quartet, Timpani/Cymbals, and Organ
For next Easter: a triumphant realization of this popular hymn.
(Sept. 28, 2016)
- Five “Call to Worship” Preludes for Brass Trio
Begin your service in a festive mood with these new compositions for two trumpets and trombone.
(Sept. 26, 2016)
- Prelude and Fugue in Bb Minor for Trombone Choir
More beautiful music for trombone.
(Sept. 16, 2016)
- Horn week #7 – Ave Verum for One or Two Horns and Piano
A good piece for younger players. The second horn part is optional.
(Sept. 7, 2016)
- Horn week #6 – Nocturno Horn Demo for Brass Quintet
An abridged version of the Strauss Nocturno (Op. 7). We use it to demonstrate the horn on school concerts.
(Sept. 6, 2016)
- Horn week #5 – Suite for Horn and Piano
An atonal, yet accessible, work for low horn players.
(Sept. 5, 2016)
- Horn week #4 – Sonatina for Tenor Horn or Horn and Piano
This energetic new work would make a great recital piece.
(Sept. 4, 2016)
- Horn week #3 – Folk Songs for Young Folks for Horn and Piano
Six solos arranged for aspiring young artists.
(Sept. 3, 2016)
- Horn week #2 – 30 Duets for Horn (Kling)
A cleaned up edition of some old favorites, with new markings added by the arranger.
(Sept. 2, 2016)
- Horn week #1 – 12 Horn Duets (Mozart)
It's time to feature the horn at MusicForBrass.com! The transcriber has combed through everything from incomplete urtexts to modern editions to come up with this useful and playable collection of Mozart duets.
(Sept. 1, 2016)
- Prelude and Fugue in G Minor for Trombone Quintet
Beautiful music that sounds great on trombone.
(Aug. 29, 2016)
- Neapolitan Dance for Brass Quintet
Solo trumpet is featured in this popular selection from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet.
(Aug. 25, 2016)
- Eventide (Abide with Me) for Trombone Quartet
Nice arrangement of a popular hymn.
(Aug. 22, 2016)
- Carpe Diem for Brass Band
An astonishing new work for brass by British composer John Biggs.
(Aug. 17, 2016)
- Preludes and Fantasias for Brass Trio and Brass Quartet
These newly-composed works are reminiscent of the style of J.S. Bach.
(Aug. 1, 2016)
- Bossa Bones for Trombone Quartet and Rhythm Section
A fun little ditty that needs a strong lead player, as first trombone goes up to high C.
(July 29, 2016)
- Agnus Dei for Trombone Choir and Organ
Bass trombone is featured in this arrangement of the fifth movement of Requiem in D Minor by Gabriel Fauré.
(July 26, 2016)
- Nunc Scio Vere for Brass Quartet
A Renaissance Motet by Polish composer Waclaw of Szamotuly.
(July 26, 2016)
- Lacrimosa for Trombone Quintet
One of our favorite movements from the Mozart Requiem.
(July 18, 2016)
- Alleluia for Trombone Quartet with Optional Bass Trombone/Tuba
Randall Thompson's (Wikipedia) popular and oft-performed choral work, commissioned by Serge Koussevitzky in 1940 for the opening of the Berkshire Music Center at Tanglewood. This arrangement is available for buyers in the U.S. and Canada.
(July 13, 2016)
- Climbing to the Summit for Brass Choir
A beautiful new work for brass, great for summer music camp performances.
(July 9, 2016)
- Divinum Mysterium for Brass Quintet
This arrangement combines 16th century plainsong with the hymn Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing.
(July 5, 2016)
- Prelude to La Traviata for Brass Quintet
Beautiful opera music for brass.
(June 30, 2016)
- Blaydon Races for Brass Quintet
Traditional English music, good for soccer games we're told.
(June 30, 2016)
- Gershwin Medley for Brass Ensemble
A selection of favorite tunes arranged by the former bass trombonist of the London Symphony (good for summer brass concerts).
(June 23, 2016)
- Romeo and Juliet for Brass Ensemble
An epic arrangement of five pieces from the ballet.
(June 17, 2016)
- Wedding March for Brass Quintet and Organ
...tis the season!
(June 6, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #10…
Blow Ye the Trumpet, Blow for Three Trumpets, Two Trombones
Our last piece for this Easter. A fanfare-like intro leads into the theme, followed by some clever melodic writing for 2nd and 3rd trumpets, a soaring 1st trumpet line, and a boisterous finale!
(Mar. 22, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #9…
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty for Two Trumpets, Three Trombones
Another version of this inspiring hymn.
(Mar. 18, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #8…
Jesus Christ is Risen Today for Brass Quintet
The arranger adds interest with some unexpected (even quasi jazzy) harmonies, a modulation on the last verse, and a descant-like first trumpet part.
(Mar. 15, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #7…
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty and Doxology for Brass Quintet
Two hymns of praise, competently adapted for brass by our secret arranger Anonymous.
(Mar. 11, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #6…
Awake the Trumpet’s Lofty Sound for Brass Quintet
From Handel's well-known oratorio Samson – nice music.
(Mar. 7, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #5…
Alleluia, Alleluia for Brass Sextet and Organ
This arrangement of Ode to Joy from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is suitable for student brass players, and has a relatively easy organ part.
(Mar. 3, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #4…
Three Pieces for Lenten Meditation for Brass Quintet
Includes He That Shall Endure to the End (Felix Mendelssohn), Adagio (Johann Christoph Pepusch), and Lento (César Franck)
(Feb. 29, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #3…
Two Easter Hymns for Brass Quartet
Christ the Lord is Ris'n Today and God Our Father, We Adore Thee – two useful arrangements.
(Feb. 23, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #2…
Fanfare on Christ the Lord Is Risen Today for Brass Quartet, Percussion (Timpani/Cymbals), and Organ
This rousing composition may well knock the socks off of your congregation!
(Feb. 19, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #1…
Easter Diademata and Silesian Folk Melody for Brass Quintet
A beautiful arrangement of Crown Him With Many Crowns and Fairest Lord Jesus, suitable for high school-level players and above.
(Feb. 16, 2016)
- The Heart is a Resilient Muscle for Female Voice, Trombone and Piano
This new composition (written in a blues “vein”) could make a nice Valentine's Day gift for someone special!
(Feb. 9, 2016)
- Arise, Ye Subterranean Winds for Brass Sextet
Solo piccolo trumpet is featured in this arrangement of festive music by Henry Purcell.
(Feb. 5, 2016)
- Themes from An American in Paris for Brass Ensemble
This short but exciting arrangement of some of the popular themes is not available for buyers in the United States, but is available for most other countries.
(Jan. 27, 2016)
- Bach Fugue in F for Brass Quintet
Suitable for good university or professional-level players.
(Jan. 25, 2016)
- Les Toreadors for Brass Quintet
Music from Bizet's ever-popular opera Carmen.
(Jan. 21, 2016)
- Hallelujah Chorus for Trombone Quartet
This one is a little late for Christmas, but we like it so much we decided not to wait until next year! There is a YouTube video featuring the trombones of the Saint Louis Symphony.
(Jan. 18, 2016)
- Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme for Brass Ensemble
A four movement suite arranged from Jean-Baptiste Lully's music of 1670, composed to accompany Molière's comédie-ballet at the court of Louis XIV.
(Jan. 15, 2016)
- Telemann Concerto for Tuba Quartet
This concerto, originally for four violins in D major, is often arranged for various ensembles. It makes a great recital piece for tuba.
(Jan. 09, 2016)
- Rondeau & Badinerie for Brass Quintet
Music from Bach's popular Orchestral Suite No.2 (originally in B minor).
(Jan. 5, 2016)
- Jesus Loves Me for Trombone Quartet
A Dixieland Jazz rendition of this popular hymn.
(Dec. 18, 2015)
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel for Brass Quintet
A powerful arrangement with some great moments for the horn.
(Dec. 16, 2015)
- Joy in the Bleak Midwinter/Personent Hodie for Brass Quintet
Joy to the World, In the Bleak Midwinter, and Personent Hodie (a Medieval carol) are combined to good effect.
(Dec. 15, 2015)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen for Low Brass Trio and Horn Quartet
Two useful arrangements...
(Dec. 15, 2015)
- Holy Night for Brass Quintet
O Holy Night, ballad style.
(Dec. 2, 2015)
- Troika for Brass Quintet
The Troika movement from Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kijé Suite “is frequently used in films and documentaries for Christmas scenes and scenes involving snow” (Wikipedia).
(Nov. 30, 2015)
- A Visit Back Home for Brass Quintet
This lovely and nostalgic work brings to mind a nice hot cup of cocoa while relaxing in front of the fire!
(Nov. 25, 2015)
- Farandole Light for Brass Quintet
A shortened version of the popular Farandole by Georges Bizet (often performed on orchestral Christmas concerts).
(Nov. 21, 2015)
- An English Christmas for Brass Quintet
The Boar's Head Carol; Here We Come A-Wassailing; Christmas Is Coming; Deck The Halls; and We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
(Nov. 18, 2015)
- Christmas Medley for Brass Quintet
O Little Town of Bethlehem; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; and Joy to the World.
(Nov. 16, 2015)
- Fanfare – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing for Brass Quintet
A fantastic piece for your Christmas concert.
(Nov. 14, 2015)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen for Brass Quintet
This clever arrangement features a spooky tuba solo section with harmon-muted trumpets.
(Nov. 11, 2015)
- Christmas Hymns for Brass Trio
A useful collection suitable for strong middle school-level players and above. Includes O Come, O Come Emmanuel; O Come, All Ye Faithful; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; Joy to the World; Good Christian Men, Rejoice; and Angels We Have Heard on High.
(Nov. 10, 2015)
- Still, Still, Still for Brass Quintet
A boisterous introduction leads into a beautiful arrangement of this Austrian Christmas carol and lullaby: “Hush, hush, hush, for the little child wants to sleep!”
(Nov. 6, 2015)
- A Christmas Hornucopia for Horn Quartet and Tuba
Angels We Have Heard on High and Greensleeves combined in a jazz style somewhat reminiscent of Vince Guaraldi.
(Nov. 4, 2015)
- Angels We Have Heard on High and O Come, All Ye Faithful for Brass Quintet
These fun and creative arrangements have some surprising twists!
(Nov. 2, 2015)
- Praise to the Nativity for 7-part Brass Ensemble
Another good medley for student players. Includes It Came Upon the Midnight Clear; Go Tell It on the Mountain; and Angels We Have Heard on High.
(Oct. 24, 2015)
- Holiday “Four” Horns for Horn Quartet
This medley of Deck the Halls; Jolly Old St. Nicholas; Up on the Housetop; and We Wish You a Merry Christmas is suitable for high school or strong middle school-level players.
(Oct. 21, 2015)
- Dance Request for Brass Quartet
A challenging composition suitable for university or professional-level players.
(Oct. 21, 2015)
- Greek Folk Songs Medley for Brass Quintet
Includes Annoula (Anny); Samiotissa (Girl from Samos Island); Milo mou Kokkino (My Red Apple); and Skali - Skali (Step by Step) – all in 7/8 time.
(Oct. 16, 2015)
- A Visit to a Festival for Brass Quintet
New, contemporary music for brass from a graduate student in composition at Georgia State University.
(Oct. 13, 2015)
- Bauchetto Musicale for Brass Quintet
Johann Hermann Schein's Bauchetto Musicale (Banquet Musical) suites of 1617 are five part dances likely composed as dinner music for the royal courts. They make excellent music for receptions, weddings, church services, or other events.
(Oct. 1, 2015)