Download Sheet Music for Brass in PDF Format
Welcome to Music for Brass.com, the home of Lassus Publications. We provide arrangements and compositions for brass instruments, from unaccompanied solos to large ensembles. Our sheet music is available for immediate download after placing a secure order on our website.
- April Quartet for Trombone Quartet
It’s not Spring yet, but now is a good time to start rehearsing this exciting, new composition in four movements! We recorded the first movement as a sound sample.
(Feb. 20, 2017)
- Chorale and Fugue for the Cubs for Brass Quintet
This piece in honor of the Cubs’ 2016 World Series title is composed in four different grade levels, from beginner through college.
(Feb. 14, 2017)
- Let It Go (from Frozen) for Trombone Quartet
One of the first in our small (but growing) collection of pop tunes that can be ordered from our partner site. Playable by high school musicians with good syncopation skills. First and second trombone should be comfortable playing up to high Ab and Bb, while bass trombone needs a double-valve for the low C flats.
(Feb. 9, 2017)
- Easy Brass Suite for Brass Quintet
A good piece for first year students with a few months playing under their belts, which is right about now!
(Feb. 7, 2017)
- Toccatina for Brass Quintet
We haven't performed this new work yet, but it sounds like a fun piece to play.
(Feb. 6, 2017)
- Dans Le Serain de Sa Jumelle Flamme for Brass Quartet
French music from the Renaissance.
(Feb. 6, 2017)
- Marche Funebre for Brass Quartet
The music that commonly comes to mind when people think of a funeral march, although the arranger has included the original's lyrical and surprisingly beautiful middle section as well.
(Feb. 2, 2017)
- Fantasia on Christ Arose for Brass Quartet, Timpani, and Organ
Church music directors looking for Easter music will appreciate this new work. It begins with a magnificent fugue for the brass, that can be cut if there is limited rehearsal time before the service.
(Jan. 25, 2017)
- Chant for Brass Quintet
This lovely work opens and closes with unaccompanied horn, and features brass duet, trio, quartet, and quintet at various times.
(Jan. 20, 2017)
- Five Folk Songs for Brass Quintet
New music interpretations that reinvent the harmonic language of the folk song, with beautiful results. Includes Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes, Bon Voyage Monsieur Dumollet, Come Again! Sweet Love Doth Now Invite, Men of Harlech, and Du Du Liegst mir im Herzen.
(Jan. 19, 2017)
- Three Folk Songs from the British Isles for Brass Quintet
Includes Forest Green, O God Thou Art the Father, and Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day.
(Jan. 18, 2017)
- Two Songs Without Words for Brass Quintet
Mendelssohn's Op. 19b, No. 6 (Venetian Boat Song) and Op. 30, No. 4.
(Jan. 17, 2017)
- Two Jewish Folk Songs for Brass Quintet
Includes Under The Starry Sky and Ani Maamin.
(Jan. 16, 2017)
- Folk Songs for Young Folks – for Trombone or Euphonium and Piano
Thirteen solos in two volumes arranged for aspiring young artists.
(Jan. 13, 2017)
- La Guerre for Trumpet Quartet
This arrangement of Renaissance music takes 6-7 minutes to perform, but there are good places to add cuts for a shorter version. Trumpet 1 might prefer to play the part on piccolo.
(Dec. 29, 2016)
- Angelus ad Pastores Ait for Brass Quintet
A good option for Christmas Midnight Mass. The arranger notes the piece doesn't lend itself to dynamics or expressions, with a “straight go-thru” being best for performances.
(Dec. 23, 2016)
- The First Noel Fanfare for Brass Quintet
A rousing opener or closer for your Christmas concert.
(Dec. 15, 2016)
- 12 Cool Swing Duets for Trombone or Baritone
Great material for learning slide technique and jazz styles, and fun to play through with the teacher in private lessons. A nice Christmas present for that budding, young musician!
(Dec. 8, 2016)
- Deck The Halls With Bossa Nova for Brass Quintet
A cool, jazz version of this favorite carol.
(Dec. 4, 2016)
- Two Songs for Advent for Brass Quintet
Powerful arrangements of Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence and Come Thou Long-Expected Jesus.
(Dec. 1, 2016)
- Fantasy on Two French Carols for Trombone Quintet
A great choice for your Christmas performance. Bass trombone is recommended on the bottom.
(Nov. 29, 2016)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing for Brass Ensemble with Optional Percussion
A sing-along that also stands alone as a performance piece. The audience can participate in all three verses if desired, but leave out the organ as the harmony is different from the hymnal.
(Nov. 24, 2016)
- Low How a Rose for Brass Ensemble with Optional Percussion
A lovely arrangement designed so the final verse (only) can be sung by an audience with or without organ. The final verse uses the same melody line and key as the hymnals, and similar harmonies.
(Nov. 21, 2016)
- Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel for Brass Ensemble with Optional Percussion
This interesting arrangement divides the ensemble into four “hard” brass and four “soft” brass, which can be placed in the hall for antiphonal effect.
(Nov. 17, 2016)
- Away in a Manger for Brass Ensemble
The first of four new Christmas pieces we have by this accomplished arranger. A performance piece rather than a sing-along, with all instruments featured on the melody at some point.
(Nov. 11, 2016)
- Christmas Gig Book for Trombone Quartet
A selection of 24 carols for background music, Christmas concert encores, or sing-alongs. The idea is to dispense with intros, bridges, or codas – just decide how many times to play through a carol (usually 2-3) and pass out the lyrics!
(Nov. 8, 2016)
- The First Noël for Brass Quintet
A nice arrangement of this traditional French carol.
(Nov. 5, 2016)
- Sortie for Brass Ensemble
This tongue-in-cheek organ music from 19th century France makes an exciting arrangement for brass.
(Oct. 20, 2016)
- 20 Duets for Trumpet and Trombone
These favorite, old duets by Richard Shuebruk have been cleaned up and edited by the arranger to make them more fluid for modern-day performances. 20 Duets includes “The Rivals” with piano accompaniment, which we have also made available as a separate download.
(Oct. 13, 2016)
- Promenade and Great Gate of Kiev (Excerpt) for Trombone Quintet
Music from Mussorgsky's original score of Pictures at an Exhibition.
(Oct. 11, 2016)
- Two Pieces for Brass Quintet
Near the Southern Shore of the Crimea and On the Southern Shore of the Crimea by Modest Mussorgsky – unique additions to your recital.
(Oct. 7, 2016)
- Fanfare on The Strife Is O’er for Brass Quartet, Timpani/Cymbals, and Organ
For next Easter: a triumphant realization of this popular hymn.
(Sept. 28, 2016)
- Five “Call to Worship” Preludes for Brass Trio
Begin your service in a festive mood with these new compositions for two trumpets and trombone.
(Sept. 26, 2016)
- Prelude and Fugue in Bb Minor for Trombone Choir
More beautiful music for trombone.
(Sept. 16, 2016)
- Horn week #7 – Ave Verum for One or Two Horns and Piano
A good piece for younger players. The second horn part is optional.
(Sept. 7, 2016)
- Horn week #6 – Nocturno Horn Demo for Brass Quintet
An abridged version of the Strauss Nocturno (Op. 7). We use it to demonstrate the horn on school concerts.
(Sept. 6, 2016)
- Horn week #5 – Suite for Horn and Piano
An atonal, yet accessible, work for low horn players.
(Sept. 5, 2016)
- Horn week #4 – Sonatina for Tenor Horn or Horn and Piano
This energetic new work would make a great recital piece.
(Sept. 4, 2016)
- Horn week #3 – Folk Songs for Young Folks for Horn and Piano
Six solos arranged for aspiring young artists.
(Sept. 3, 2016)
- Horn week #2 – 30 Duets for Horn (Kling)
A cleaned up edition of some old favorites, with new markings added by the arranger.
(Sept. 2, 2016)
- Horn week #1 – 12 Horn Duets (Mozart)
It's time to feature the horn at MusicForBrass.com! The transcriber has combed through everything from incomplete urtexts to modern editions to come up with this useful and playable collection of Mozart duets.
(Sept. 1, 2016)
- Prelude and Fugue in G Minor for Trombone Quintet
Beautiful music that sounds great on trombone.
(Aug. 29, 2016)
- Neapolitan Dance for Brass Quintet
Solo trumpet is featured in this popular selection from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet.
(Aug. 25, 2016)
- Eventide (Abide with Me) for Trombone Quartet
Nice arrangement of a popular hymn.
(Aug. 22, 2016)
- Carpe Diem for Brass Band
An astonishing new work for brass by British composer John Biggs.
(Aug. 17, 2016)
- Preludes and Fantasias for Brass Trio and Brass Quartet
These newly-composed works are reminiscent of the style of J.S. Bach.
(Aug. 1, 2016)
- Bossa Bones for Trombone Quartet and Rhythm Section
A fun little ditty that needs a strong lead player, as first trombone goes up to high C.
(July 29, 2016)
- Agnus Dei for Trombone Choir and Organ
Bass trombone is featured in this arrangement of the fifth movement of Requiem in D Minor by Gabriel Fauré.
(July 26, 2016)
- Nunc Scio Vere for Brass Quartet
A Renaissance Motet by Polish composer Waclaw of Szamotuly.
(July 26, 2016)
- Lacrimosa for Trombone Quintet
One of our favorite movements from the Mozart Requiem.
(July 18, 2016)
- Alleluia for Trombone Quartet with Optional Bass Trombone/Tuba
Randall Thompson's (Wikipedia) popular and oft-performed choral work, commissioned by Serge Koussevitzky in 1940 for the opening of the Berkshire Music Center at Tanglewood. This arrangement is available for buyers in the U.S. and Canada.
(July 13, 2016)
- Climbing to the Summit for Brass Choir
A beautiful new work for brass, great for summer music camp performances.
(July 9, 2016)
- Divinum Mysterium for Brass Quintet
This arrangement combines 16th century plainsong with the hymn Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing.
(July 5, 2016)
- Prelude to La Traviata for Brass Quintet
Beautiful opera music for brass.
(June 30, 2016)
- Blaydon Races for Brass Quintet
Traditional English music, good for soccer games we're told.
(June 30, 2016)
- Gershwin Medley for Brass Ensemble
A selection of favorite tunes arranged by the former bass trombonist of the London Symphony (good for summer brass concerts).
(June 23, 2016)
- Romeo and Juliet for Brass Ensemble
An epic arrangement of five pieces from the ballet.
(June 17, 2016)
- Wedding March for Brass Quintet and Organ
...tis the season!
(June 6, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #10…
Blow Ye the Trumpet, Blow for Three Trumpets, Two Trombones
Our last piece for this Easter. A fanfare-like intro leads into the theme, followed by some clever melodic writing for 2nd and 3rd trumpets, a soaring 1st trumpet line, and a boisterous finale!
(Mar. 22, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #9…
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty for Two Trumpets, Three Trombones
Another version of this inspiring hymn.
(Mar. 18, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #8…
Jesus Christ is Risen Today for Brass Quintet
The arranger adds interest with some unexpected (even quasi jazzy) harmonies, a modulation on the last verse, and a descant-like first trumpet part.
(Mar. 15, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #7…
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty and Doxology for Brass Quintet
Two hymns of praise, competently adapted for brass by our secret arranger Anonymous.
(Mar. 11, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #6…
Awake the Trumpet’s Lofty Sound for Brass Quintet
From Handel's well-known oratorio Samson – nice music.
(Mar. 7, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #5…
Alleluia, Alleluia for Brass Sextet and Organ
This arrangement of Ode to Joy from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is suitable for student brass players, and has a relatively easy organ part.
(Mar. 3, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #4…
Three Pieces for Lenten Meditation for Brass Quintet
Includes He That Shall Endure to the End (Felix Mendelssohn), Adagio (Johann Christoph Pepusch), and Lento (César Franck)
(Feb. 29, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #3…
Two Easter Hymns for Brass Quartet
Christ the Lord is Ris'n Today and God Our Father, We Adore Thee – two useful arrangements.
(Feb. 23, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #2…
Fanfare on Christ the Lord Is Risen Today for Brass Quartet, Percussion (Timpani/Cymbals), and Organ
This rousing composition may well knock the socks off of your congregation!
(Feb. 19, 2016)
- Countdown to Easter #1…
Easter Diademata and Silesian Folk Melody for Brass Quintet
A beautiful arrangement of Crown Him With Many Crowns and Fairest Lord Jesus, suitable for high school-level players and above.
(Feb. 16, 2016)